Sunday, February 13, 2011

YOUR 'CRAPPY' PUBLIC SCHOOL?

First of all, let me say that I believe in public schools.
I love the idea of a more-or-less free and more-or-less equal education for all children everywhere, in the USA.

In fact, I actually think we might be better off if we did away with private schools. That would force us to put all our energy into public schools and fix the real or perceived problems.

Lots of people think the public school system all across the USA is broken. Not true, only parts of it are broken. In the next few weeks, I'm going to reveal which parts of it are good, which are bad and which are ugly, based largely on my own experience and that of other teachers.

As you can probably guess, if you know me, the best part of the system is the students. They are great. But they have been treated badly, in my opinion, for years.

The worst sin?
Boredom.

More to come.
Stay tuned, more or less. 

Copyright 2011, Roger R. Angle 

2 comments:

Sharine said...

Roger, this is a good topic! I look forward to your analysis.

John said...

Thought meybe you quit writing or took a vacation. Looking forward to the next shots. John