Thursday, February 3, 2011

LIFESTYLES OF THE RICH & FAMOUS

Why do we go to such great lengths to protect the lifestyles of the rich?

And why do the right wingers poop their pants when you suggest that the rich should give something back to the society that made them rich?

Examples of wealthy lifestyles:

I heard about one family who decided to buy a second private jet, and presumably hire a second crew, so their teenagers would stop asking to borrow the family jet. (Gee, that sounds like a good idea. Think I'll do that.)  

One famous corporate dynamo, when he was head of a major entertainment company, reportedly met a woman he liked, and she lived in Japan. So he sent her a Boeing 747 filled with roses. (I don't know if she was sufficiently impressed or not. And I don't how much that cost, but I hope he got what he wanted.)

A reporter asked John McCain, when he was running for president, how many houses he and his wife Cindy, a beer baroness, owned. He said, "I'll get back to you on that." He didn't even know. Turned out they owned seven. (Well, I know how many houses I own: zero.)

The point: I think it's a great idea that children are going hungry and schools are failing so we can maintain those lifestyles. Don't you?

Copyright 2011, Roger R. Angle. 

No comments: