Sunday, February 20, 2011

B.S. BOOK BLURBS

Today, I picked up my new copy of "The Girl Who Played With Fire," the second in the blockbuster crime trilogy by that famous dead Swedish crime novelist Stieg Larsson.

On the inside is a quote from an L.A. Times book review: "Larsson has bottled lightning..." and this book "buzzes with ideas [and] fizzes with fury."

I laughed out loud and thought, yeah, like an Alka-Seltzer that's really pissed off.

So much hype surrounds these big blockbusters. Reminded me of the mock book blurbs I wrote for myself:

"Angle's fiction is hot and hairy, like a monkey’s ass, only twice as much fun.”

"Angle's fiction races like a runaway semi-trailer truck screaming downhill without brakes, moans like a woman being hosed from behind, and itches like a pimp with crabs."

Pardon my French. But, again, I presume you speak French. (A line from "Deadwood.")

I hope you find these funny. I sure do.

Copyright 2011, Roger R. Angle

No comments: