Monday, April 18, 2011

OBAMA FOREVER, BUDDY?

I have a beautiful and wonderful friend named Harley. She is tall and talented and smart. When we discuss Obama, she says, "Obama forever, buddy."

OK, I see the appeal. We don't want the crazy right-wing Tea Party types taking over the country and ruining it. (Of course, they think we are ruining it, or would, if Progressives were really in power.)

My question is, should we support Obama in the coming election?

Or should we threaten to boycott him unless he gets some heuvos and does the things we want him to, like cut defense spending; protect Medicare and Social Security; help immigrants find work and stay in this country, to strengthen it, as they have always done; and institute an intelligent single-payer healthcare system, like every other civilized country? (I have a much longer list.)

I heard a pundit on the radio the other day say we should "hold Obama's feet to the fire," to get him to be more Progressive.

Hmm. I wish I knew how to do that. I'd light the match.

-- Roger

© Copyright 2011, Roger R. Angle


No comments: