Sunday, August 28, 2011

RICK PERRY: THE GREAT WHITE HOPE

My buddy John A sent me an e-mail yesterday and pointed out something that I missed:

"I believe that they [Republicans and right-wingers] are afraid of losing the white Christian good old boy as the main source of power and control in this country and the world, and it scares them to death ...."

Amen to that, brother John. I missed the most obvious thing: Rick Perry is white. He may be a climate denier, right-wing ideologue, and overall bullsh*t artist, but he is white.

And our president is black, or at least half black. Not white.

I had forgotten how limited these right wingers are. They really can't see past the color of a person's skin. How medieval of them. How neanderthal. I thought we were all past that.

I was wrong.

-- Roger

Copyright © 2011, Roger R. Angle

No comments: