Friday, August 26, 2011

'BREAKING BAD' #2: GREAT

This is amazing. I watched another episode of "Breaking Bad" last night. Here are my notes:

EPISODE 2 (2008)

From one extreme to the other. The first episode was terrible, and the second episode is wonderful. If number one was a minus 10, #2 is a plus 10. It is hilarious. I laughed my butt off. One rule of writing is to make the worst possible thing happen. Boy, does that happen here. 

Too bad the pilot wasn’t this good. I wonder how they got past such a loser. But this is fun. I wonder what their viewer drop-off was after the pilot. It’s hard to imagine anyone sticking around.

My favorite scene is when Walt creeps down the stairs, hoping to find the dangerous drug dealer dead. Instead, the guy is wide awake and alert.

That is brilliant. Hilarious. Because it puts Walt in deeper hot water.

I was thinking that the worst thing would be for the drug dealer to get loose. But that is not the worst thing. They did the worst thing, because now Walt feels responsible for him. He starts feeding him!

Oh, God, I laughed till I thought I'd bust a gut.

So now I love the show that I hated before.

So far.

-- Roger

© Copyright 2011, Roger R. Angle



No comments: