Tuesday, July 5, 2011

RAPE CASE LOOKS WEAK; CASEY GETS OFF

In the Angle roundup of today's news, it looks like two people accused of serious crimes will walk:

-- DSK, the married French playboy and probable horn-dog who was head of the IMF--don't you love these initials--is probably going to get off. Looks like his accuser may be a con artist who set him up to get money.

But there is plenty of blame to go around. I imagine he took some willing part in this little sex-capade.

-- Casey Anthony was acquitted of murder today. The prosecution didn't prove its case. But her poor daughter is dead. Looks like the child may have drowned in the pool and the family covered it up. Guess they didn't trust the criminal justice system. Too bad.

-- Pres. Obama is probably going to cave in to the misguided Republicans again, this time on the debt ceiling. When is he going to show some cojones?

-- Greece should get out of the Euro-zone, some people are saying. I never believed in the Euro in the first place. I liked the old system. I believe they have inadequate central banking for all those countries, if I understand it right. Too many countries and the economies are too diverse.

-- NPR had a story about union co-op housing in NYC, which still has a few affordable apartments for union members. The buildings actually have a sense of community. Everyone knows everyone and they look out for each other. Fancy that. Like old times. Rampant capitalism does not produce that, not usually.

-- Less than 1% of Americans are in the military, according to NPR. I think that would be a tough row to how. I can't think of a "good" war since WWII, and that was probably avoidable, if we hadn't backed Hitler early on. I salute those who serve, but not the missions they pursue.

-- Legalize, tax and control drugs. That is what I think. It's Econ 101. We have been driving down the supply, while demand rises, thus raising prices and bringing criminals and cowboys into the market. Stop the violence in Mexico. That's what I say.

Would you use heroin? Not me. No way. Cocaine? Nope. Made my face numb, like going to the dentist. Pot? Makes you dopey in the head.

OK, that's the news roundup for Tuesday, July 05, 2011. 

Thanks for reading.

-- Roger

© Copyright 2011, Roger R. Angle

No comments: