Sunday, May 29, 2011

AFGHANS GETTING RICH OFF WAR

This morning, I listened to "Le Show" by Harry Shearer on KCRW and NPR. It's one of the best shows on radio, I think, entertaining and informative at the same time.

It always hands me a few good laughs and I learn a bunch of new things. Today, I learned that developers in Afghanistan are building new high-rise luxury homes for the people who have gotten rich from NATO and USA involvement there.

Hmmm. Makes you think, doesn't it? Here we are laying off teachers and sweating over the future of Medicare, and some Afghans are getting rich off our war. Hmmm. I think something is wrong here.

Anyway, I recommend Harry Shearer. He's smart and funny and full of good, new info. His show is available any time at:
http://harryshearer.com/

Right on, Harry. Give 'em hell, Harry.

-- Roger

© Copyright 2011, Roger R. Angle

No comments: