Sunday, May 15, 2011

OUR IDEA OF EVIL

I don't understand my fellow Americans' concept of evil.

Why is it supremely evil for Osama bin Laden to defend his homeland with terrorist tactics and kill 3,000 innocent people on 9-11-2001, while it is good or OK for George W. Bush to invade Iraq, which had nothing to do with 9/11, and kill 200,000 innocent people?

Can someone explain that to me? I don't get it. Who is more evil?

Osama's main goal was to get foreign military troops out of the Arabian peninsula. With no army, terrorism is a highly effective way to leverage small resources for big results.

Bush admitted killing 30,000 people in Iraq, and estimates have run as high as 500,000. Yet I didn't hear any Americans complaining, and then people gathered around and cheered when we killed Osama.

We sent a hit-squad into his house and shot him to death. I don't see how that is heroic. Let me get this straight. When we kill people, that's justice, right? And when they kill people, that's evil, right?

I still don't get it.

-- Roger

© Copyright 2011, Roger R. Angle

No comments: